Investigator Studies Program (MISP): Non-Alcoholic SteatoHepatitis (NASH)
Effective June 2023, the NASH Investigator Studies Program (ISP) Committee will accept proposals within our current areas of interest (AOI) up to February 22, 2023 for the first review cycle, up to June 1, 2023 for the second review cycle, and up to October 17, 2023 for the third review cycle. This is a competitive process; decisions will be made on the basis of scientific merit and strategic fit within the AOI. The program requests that investigators specify how they will support diversity in enrollment to include traditionally underrepresented minorities/ethnic groups.
The following areas are of interest to the Investigator Studies Program Committee:
- Molecular mechanisms and novel genetic factors involved in the progression from non-alcoholic fatty liver (NAFL) to non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH) and from NASH to liver cirrhosis.
- Adipose tissue-liver axis in non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD), including effects of pharmacologic interventions on short and long-term regulation of the signaling complex/pathway of FGF21.
- Link between liver fat reduction and improvement of NASH; quantitative and qualitative relationship between liver fat and disease activity and fibrosis
- Mechanisms by which changes in body weight affect NAFL and NASH
- Pathogenesis and/or natural history of lean NASH versus overweight/obese NASH.
- Regulation of portal venous pressure in NASH with advanced fibrosis
GLP-1/glucagon receptor co-agonists
- Effects of a glucagon receptor agonist in combination with a GLP-1 receptor agonist versus a GLP-1 receptor agonist alone in NAFLD
- Direct and indirect (including weight loss-dependent and weight loss-independent) effects of glucagon on liver fat, inflammation and fibrosis
- Clinical and healthcare burden of NAFLD/NASH, globally and regionally
Please complete a protocol with detailed budget via Visiontracker
, the Company's on-line study management system (in US). The protocols will be collectively reviewed and selected by the NASH MISP Committee.
Critical Activities and Timelines:
|Proposal Submission with Detailed Budget
||February 22, 2023
||June 1, 2023
||October 17, 2023
This site is intended for US investigators only. Investigators outside of the US interested in submitting research proposals to the Investigator
Studies Program should contact their local MSD office